Forum sign in

I just removed the compatibility view setting and it did make a difference in my UI with the forum. I will now sign out and back in to see if that works any better. Stand by.

Two things, the animated ad is gone for one, and there was no apparent blockage of my keystrokes on sign in. so for the time being it looks like the issue is closed for me.
Thanks to all who contributed.
Regards, JLG

@smozgur - Just to let you know that I am still experiencing interferrence with my log in. I note that the animated ad has been removed, so apparently that was not the problem. Also, a further description of the symptoms is that the keystroke entries are not always blocked. Sometimes they are only delayed and will then be displayed, indicating that whatever is running in the background is allowing other events to process intermittantly. So it could be something on my system like the McAfee security, or a web crawler attempting to intercept my log in, or some other third party source. But, Mr. Excel is the only site I have the issue with and as I said previously, I can live with it. I just wanted to give you as much info as possible for analytical purposes, in case there are others who are experiencing the same thing. If you have any questions that I have not covered, I will be happy to respond. Otherwise, I will cosider the thread closed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krishnamadison

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back