From Report to Record in Navigation Form

pawprints

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I have created a navigation form with several tabs; one is a form welcome page, the second is a form with various records containing contact information, and the other tabs are reports.

I would like to be able to click on a person's name in any of the reports and have it open that person's contact information under the "Contacts Form" tab in the navigation form.

I have searched and searched online, but all I have found is a code that will almost do that. The problem is, that it opens the original form and not the one within the navigation form.

If it helps at all, here is the code that I tried:

Dim EntityName As String
Dim DocName As String
DocName = "frm_Contacts"
strWhere = "[Full_Name]='" & Full_Name & "'"
DoCmd.OpenForm DocName, acNormal, , strWhere

I appreciate any help! Thank you

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Reports are for output. So "click on a person's name in any of the reports" seems backwards. Typically you would work with a form, select whatever info you want, then use that to influence/restrict/constrain the report.

Upvote 0
You would have to set the navigation subform control source to be the form you want. You seem to be referring to that form itself. The syntax might be something like
Forms![main navigation form].[NavigationSubform].Subform =

You'd nave to know what the actual names of the bracketed items are, but those are usually the default names given by Access. Navigation forms are not favoured by a lot of developers as they're too limiting, so I'm not sure of the hierarchy of their object references and I don't have one to play with. I agree that reports are for displaying data - not interacting with it. A form would be better.

Upvote 0
If you're intent on your approach it seems the syntax would be
VBA Code:
forms![navigation form].[navigationsubform].sourceobject = "name of form goes here"

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back