Fuel Temperature correction formula

Rusty Benson

Hi
I work with in the fuel industry and fuel is sold to retailers by temperature corrected figures. Example 10000 litres Unleaded Gasoline ambient temperature of 25 degrees sold to retailer at 15 degrees. The volume is reduced to what space it would take up at 15 degrees. once the calculation is done the retailer would buy the product at a volume 9920 litres (example only). I am not sure of the calculation however it would involve the density of the product, the ambient temperatur difference to 15 degrees.
I am sorry to be so vague however i am hoping there may be someone who has worked in the fuel industry or with tempertaure correction who may know the formula.
Alternative e-mail russellb@farmersfuel.com.au

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Hi Rusty

The closest I could find that could help you is the variations table in use by Canada. Australia refused to do this at the retail level, and correction is done there at wholesale level anyway. You could try to import (or, heaven forbid, type in) the Canadian table, then do a lookup based on your real temperature versus deemed temperature.

http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/epic/site/mc-mc.nsf/en/h_lm05191e.html

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Hi Riaz and Rusty,

This post comes up much later than your previous ones. But I have you done something on this.
I have a job relating to calculating with volume change of fuel/petroleum products with temperature variation.
The link died. Can u give me other related documents/references?
Thank you so much.

Upvote 0
For me Still working on it
Someone I work with thinks they have it worked out but not proven. I will updare as I know more. apparently it is simple but people don't want to tell.
Regards
Rusty

Upvote 0
@Rusty,
I tried loading it again but failed. I'm staying in Vietnam. Maybe they prevent me from reaching their resources. Do u know any source that has this document?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacobs22

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back