Fuzzy Match Question to Sort Data

mlektra

Hi. This is, i think, a tough one. I know the solution is kind of a fuzzy match marcro....It's a little bit hard to explain so i will be as clear as i can. Ok so there is the data. Please refer to this image. The question will follow.

explications_excel.gif

I have an excel sheet with information about music.They're is 798 entries.

I have the info about the ARTIST, the TITLE and i have also the IMAGE path information. The thing is, the infos on the ARTIST and the TITLE columns are ok and they are sorted the right way. I can't change that order, absolutly not. But in the @IMAGE column I have a list of image path that correspond to the songs on the 2 first columns. This column is all mixed up and unsorted.

But the filename may contain one word or two in the one of the 2 other columns. Sometimes the filename of the image contains the title, sometimes the artist, sometimes both and sometimes none of them.

For example, in the second row, in the IMAGE column, i have the filename "Nordbanhof.jpeg". I am pretty sure that i will found this info somewhere in the TITLE column.

My question is : is there a way inside or outside of excel to quickly assisgn the most possible entries of the IMAGE column to their correspondant row in the 2 other columns ?

I know it's a little bit hard to explain, but i am sure there is way. Maybe in excel or maybe in an external software. The thing is i don't want to manualy assing the right filename to the right entry..sure you guess what kind of job it involves...

thanks

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
I have an update on the data available for that project. I didn't included it in the example shot but i have a LABEL column and an ARTIST column. I can do something in the filename of the image and have a file name that will looks like ARTIST+LABEL.jpeg.

Maybe it will be easier to manage than having different names and have exceptions, etc...

Upvote 0
I think my knowledge of Excel is a bit too limited to implemented this kind of formulas into my spreadsheet. I was hoping finding somebody who would help me with this.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back