General Advice on keeping XML pull and calculations aligned

Vaslo

Board Regular
All,

I have a spreadsheet with 20 columns of data. I use a Sales system that I can refresh data from directly in excel. Based on that data, I have some calculations to the right in columns following the pull. The sales system pulls about 10 columns of data, and then based on those pulls (which refresh weekly), 7 of the 10 columns on the right re-calculate to the right. Another positive is that when a new sales deal is added, it adds directly to the bottom.

Here is my issue - I did a random refresh and notice that 3 deals fell out of the middle. There's no problem witht the calculations columns since they auto-update. Unfortunately, 3 of the columns MUST be snap shots from the start so they can compare to the refresh so it can be tracked over time. Obviously when 3 middle rows disappear, these "paste as values" or "constants" or locked rows or whatever are now misaligned.

Any general advice on how to handle or readings you can point me to for ideas on handling? Hope the quetsion isn't too generic.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back