Generate a dynamic image link and Display in Sheet using VBA

Restyl

I want to use Google Chart API to generate QR codes based on a cell value. Here is what my sheet looks like:
f09cd7c5b38745989642b1374694c0cc.png

My VBA code automatically generates the Stock Number every time the part # is changed. I need the QR Code column to be a QR code for the Stock Number to the right of it. I pasted the values of the Stock Number column in the QR Code Column to symbolize what the QR Code's encoded value should be.

How can I use Google Charts' API to generate a QR Code for each entry based on the Stock Number, and display the actual image in my sheet in the QR code column using VBA?

https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?chs=150x150&cht=qr&chl=I1&choe=UTF-8

Last edited:
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
  Dim r As Range, c As Range

On Error Resume Next
  With Application
    .ScreenUpdating = False
    .EnableEvents = False
    .Calculation = xlCalculationManual
  End With

Set r = Intersect(ActiveSheet.Columns(10).Precedents, Target)
  If r Is Nothing Then Exit Sub

For Each c In r.Rows
    With c
      ActiveSheet.Shapes("QR " & .Row).Delete
      QRcodeToPicUTF8 Cells(.Row, "J"), Environ("temp"), _
        "QR " & .Row, Cells(.Row, "K")
    End With
  Next c

EndSub:
  With Application
    .ScreenUpdating = True
    .EnableEvents = True
    .Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
  End With
End Sub

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Hey sorry about this but I am using the VBA code from #10 (first section) and adding the recent code and still unable to have a QR populate the cell in K3. Do I need to have anything in the cell for the code to run?

Upvote 0
Yes, if formula returns no text url, then the google url can not generate a PNG file. Your concatenate needs to list each cell separated by a comma, not a range.

Yes, all of first block of #10 goes into the top of a Module.

As explained in #13 , all the #21 goes into the Sheet's code.

Then, modify any cell in a row that has the formula in column J and away you go...

Upvote 0
Thank you its working now!

One more thing is to fit the QR to a particular size which I see you mentioned but cant seem to change it properly.

Also to add the same QR 1 to C1, QR 2 to G1, QR 3 to K1, QR 4 to O1, then repeats with QR 5 to C3.

Upvote 0
Do you mean 3rd sentence in post #24 ? If so, then you want to copy 8 shapes from sheet1 to rows 1 and 3 on sheet2? That would be separate method.

For resizing, resize your column(s) and row(s) to suit manually first. A macro could then resize those to what you want as part of the Change event. You can set the QR PNG size to one of 3 or play with it a bit. Best to do rows/columns deal though as you might wind up distorting the shape/image if you don't fit the columns and rows to the image size.

Upvote 0
Hello Kenneth,

How would I go about creating the same QR code to the appended cell discuss above as well as to another worksheet (QRLabel)? the appended QR macro creates a QR code at cell G3:G83 depending on inputted data. I would as like that once the QR code is formed on this worksheet (QRTemplate) that the same QR codes appear on another worksheet (QRLabel) at cell C1 then C3 then C5... and so on and updates if there are changes.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back