Get bottom average score based on month

Firasath

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Hi,

I'm trying to get average score based on starting cell of Quartile-1 value and the last cell of the range. I used the same formula without applying filter on month and it worked file but when I want to retrieve the results based on a month, the formula with the filter function not working. Please find below the formula and advise where I am making mistake. The formula I am using is as follows:

=LET(m,NV!$A:$A,s,NV!$AH:$AH,f,FILTER(NV!$AH:$AH,(m>=I47)*(m<=EOMONTH(I47,0))),AVERAGE(INDIRECT((ADDRESS(MATCH(QUARTILE.INC(f,1),s,0),MATCH("Overall Score",NV!1:1,0),1))):INDIRECT(ADDRESS(MAX(FILTER(f,ROW(s))),MAX(FILTER(f,COLUMN(s))),1))))

EGS BQ.xlsb
IJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZAAABACADAEAFAGAHAIAJAKALAMANAO
47Apr-21May-21Jun-21Jul-21Aug-21Sep-21Oct-21Nov-21Dec-21Jan-22Feb-22Mar-22Apr-22May-22Jun-22Jul-22Aug-22Sep-22Oct-22Nov-22Dec-22Jan-23Feb-23Mar-23Apr-23######Jun-23Jul-23Aug-23Sep-23   
48 =LET(m,NV!$A:$A,s,NV!$AH:$AH,f,FILTER(NV!$AH:$AH,(m>=I47)*(m<=EOMONTH(I47,0))),AVERAGE(INDIRECT((ADDRESS(MATCH(QUARTILE.INC(f,1),s,0),MATCH("Overall Score",NV!1:1,0),1))):INDIRECT(ADDRESS(MAX(FILTER(f,ROW(s))),MAX(FILTER(f,COLUMN(s))),1))))
BQ_Summary
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
AM47:AO47AM47=IF(AM44="","",AM44)

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
I think, I got the reason. One of the row value, which is same as the value of Quartile-1 was not in a correct format. I tried copying pasting the value again in same cell and it gave me correct result. Though I checked the numbers before through ISNUMBER formula and all returned TRUE. I will confirm once I check the whole months data with you. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Glad you've sorted it & thanks for letting us know.

Upvote 1
Thank you very much. It was a single cell number issue, not sure why. It seems everything is okay now. Once again Thanks a lot :).
Hi Fluff,

I'm struggling to enhance this formula since yesterday to enter sort function so that it would sort by Month in Ascending order and Score by Descending order. Not sure if you can help me in this thread of I need to raise a new thread for it. Currently I need to sort different sheets manually to get the correct results. Please assist.

Upvote 0
You will need to start a new thread for this question. Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chestertim

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back