Get cell link reference Column, Row name

atuljadhavnetafim

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Expert,

I have multiple sheets (35+), in the First sheet (Sheet Name = USD) I have data like below, in this USD sheet maintain monthly USD rates and the same using in different sheets as a reference to convert INR to USD.
now I am in Sheet35 and have a formula in E1 cell "=USD!D12" which represents the YTD column SEP rate which is 74.32.
now whenever I need to cross-check whether the rates coming for the correct month or not then I need to go to that cell reference and again go to Sheet35 if anything needs to change.

So, is there any option so whenever I click on Sheet35 E1 cell so I get information about Column heading and Row heading like ( YTD, SEP) so I can understand that the rates represent from YTD column and for September month and if I need to change the month then I will change simple row reference to get YTD USD for another month.

1632827869358.png

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Would you explain this again for me.
So you want to click on a cell and then have some data showed in another cell.
So if you enter Sept/A12 you will get the value in Range G12 of sheet named Sept.
Is that correct.

You mentioned:
whenever I click on Sheet35 E1

Do you mean you will be on sheet35 Range E1
Or might you be on sheet named USD and you click on a cell that has Sept/D12

I can write a script so if you double click on say Range("A1") which has Sept/D12
You will get the value displayed in a message box that will show what is in sheet named Sept Range D12
Would this do what you want.
So we double click on Range("A1") of sheet named USD and a message pop pops up with the data you want.

Or please explain to me what I have wrong.
Doing this would require Vba

Upvote 0
Ok, let me explain again
Sheet USD (as shown in the above table) that is fixed and will not change.
in Sheet35 I have another table (INR Currency numbers) that needs to divide with USD rates to convert INR to USD and rates are coming from the USD sheet.
In Sheet35 monthly value getting change so accordingly, I also need to change USD rates, for example, this month I have Aug-21 INR data, next month I will change it to Sep-21 then Oct-21.....so on.
Sheet35 E1 has that USD rates, but if I need to check whether the rates are coming correct then I need to go to that cell reference and go to USD sheet and check the month which takes so much time because my every sheet has two table INR and USD so it takes times to check every sheet.

so if I get some information as explain above in pup up/mouse hovering or in any way so I no need to go USD sheet every time.
see belwo sheet35 example,
i have two column (B7 and C7) in which represent INR numbers then i have convert it to USD (E7 and F7).
E1 and F1 represent USD exchange rate which coming from USD Sheet,
the proble is now USD!C11 not telling me for which month this USD rate for and not USD!D11.

1632887734567.png

I hope this is clear to you and thanks for your revert on this.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back