Get Data from 1st file, only for specific values to 2nd file, Summary of all on 3rd file

haste220000

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Working on a project where I have 3 files.

1st file will be used for order inputs for several warehouses (e.g. columns: Warehouse, Order, Date entered, etc...)

2nd file will be named based on warehouse and will require to Get Data only for that specific warehouse. This file will ha e additional columns, e.g. Ship Date, Tracking numbers, etc...

3rd file will Get the data for all specific warehouse files, will also have additional columns, e.g. Completed, Bill status, etc...

Could someone please help me.

I am between intermediate and expert with experience with macros, vba and novice with Get Data.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Surprising how long this has been sitting. This is clearly a job for Power Query. Rather than try to tell you how (without specifics), I'll point you to two great playlists on the subject.
Power Query from Mr. Excel, and Full Advanced Data Analysis & BI Class (MSPTDA). Power Query, Power Pivot, DAX, M Code, Power BI & Excel from Mike on the ExcelIsFun channel that have before and after sample workbooks.
Don't be overwhelmed, and be assured learning even the basics of Power Query will save you HOURS of work!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grantrob

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back