Get data from string when website requires authentication

AA2023

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi❗

Would like to display data from a weblink. Once data is received, I can trim / concatenate the string.

==WEBSERVICE("link") seems to do the job for non-authenticated websites. For example

=WEBSERVICE("https://api.open-meteo.com/v1/forecast?latitude=52.3555&longitude=1.1743&current=temperature")

will return temperature 8.8 °C for England @ 52.3555°N, 1.1743°W

{"latitude":52.36,"longitude":1.1799998,"generationtime_ms":0.0209808349609375,"utc_offset_seconds":0,"timezone":"GMT","timezone_abbreviation":"GMT","elevation":35.0,"current_units":{"time":"iso8601","interval":"seconds","temperature":"°C"},"current":{"time":"2023-11-13T05:00","interval":900,"temperature":8.8}}

The above string can be processed for displaying data in different cells.

How do I go about getting data when site needs authentication🤔❓
Perhaps there is another function similar to WEBSERVICE("")

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Hi, how about try multiple tools, like using Excel to create your link, then use another Windows Macro, like MacroExpress, to copy and paste to a browser. MacroExpress allows you to connect multiple applications together and come up with results. It requires a little learning, but it is very fast to learn it. The situation you're described on top is a mess because of authentication. I highly doubt it is possible to use Excel alone. Using Excel alone would be very tough, I think. Using SendKeys might work, but again, very tough. anyway, good luck!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ipruravindra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back