Getting Error : UNABLE TO REFRESH We couldn't get updated values from a linked workbook

luckyros

Hi Everyone,

I have kept main source workbook as well working file on onedrive. I have linked the working file with Vlookup formulas connecting to source file.

Problem is when someone open the working file he gets error stating "UNABLE TO REFRESH We couldn't get updated values from a linked workbook" because of this data is not coming properly in the working file.

Why is this happening and what is the solution for this. If someone has already posted similar issue and there is solution please guide me to that thread as i am unable to find and similar issue posted here.

I have also attached screenshot of the error.

Attachments

• Excel link error.JPG
    Excel link error.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 32

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Normally comes from having a broken link e.g. may have moved or deleted a workbook attached to the one you are opening

Go to Data - > Edit links to review,

also if you have VBA code in the workbook you might find this line of code useful in tracking down the issue

UNABLE TO REFRESH warning

and some more info here

Redirecting

Upvote 0
Normally comes from having a broken link e.g. may have moved or deleted a workbook attached to the one you are opening

Go to Data - > Edit links to review,

also if you have VBA code in the workbook you might find this line of code useful in tracking down the issue

UNABLE TO REFRESH warning

and some more info here

Redirecting
Hi Thanks for youe reply.

I have not moved or deleted the workbook. Both the Source file and the working file is there on the same sharepoint path. if someone opens the file and do save as on his folder., The path in vlookup formula in the working file automatically get changes to current saved destination and thus it is giving the above error as it does not find the source file in this folder. Please help around on this.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ipruravindra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back