Getting same value with different options from drop-down list. For Google Sheets

YaziR

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm currently working on a project where I need to create a drop-down list which should automatically populate the tables below. I'll straight away jump to the example for better understanding.
So the Sheet looks like this.
So the data is like
Ex.jpg

I think the table is self-explanatory. I have the data for each fruit that goes to which plate. So if I choose plate 5 from the dropdown list, I should get Apple, Orange, Pineapple, Mango and Berries in the table below.
Please help me with how to achieve this. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that I'm aware of with your data.
If you just filter on "Sector 1" you will also get rows which don't contain Sector 1 but do contain Sector 10 Sector 11 etc.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Not that I'm aware of with your data.
If you just filter on "Sector 1" you will also get rows which don't contain Sector 1 but do contain Sector 10 Sector 11 etc.
That can be solved by tweaking sector names to SectorOne, SectorTwo etc. But all I need is to edit the filtered result.

Upvote 0
In that case you can apply a filter to your data & in the options select Contains text & use a formula =A$1 but this will not update automatically.

Upvote 0
In that case you can apply a filter to your data & in the options select Contains text & use a formula =A$1 but this will not update automatically.
That was the first trick I tried. Auto-update is necessary. If this is the end of the road., I should look into other options like macros. I thought of getting this done without macros.

Upvote 0
In that case you will need a Google app script.
Yeah. I was browsing through such topics to find what can be done to refresh the data automatically. If you found some scripts., please point me there.
Thank you.

Upvote 0
I know nothing about Google scripts so cannot help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayEggleton

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back