Getting the new array functions (like Unique, XLookup, etc.)

bearcub

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
  3. 2010
  4. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
I have office 365 ProPlus. I am on Semi Annual channel and would like to switch it to a monthly channel so i can get monthly updates.

I do understand that Microsoft has finally released the Array functions but I still don't have access to those in my application.

Is there anything I can do so I can get these new Excel functions.

Thank you,

Michael

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
I did enroll in the "insider" program and got them immediately.

J.Ty.

Upvote 0
thank you, I was thinking about doing that as well. Is there any additonal cost to this and would the new download overwrite my existing files and applications.

Upvote 0
I did not pay anything extra for the insider program, although you then agree that Microsoft monitors how the applications are working for you.

Of course, the download might overwrite the old Excel (and other Office applications), but there is full backward compatibility, as far as I know, so all your spreadsheets will work exactly the same way as before. ("Might" because I actually do not know if you get a new Office, or only the new functions are activated.)

J.Ty.

Upvote 0
Sounds good. I'll back up my old files so nothing is lost. thank you for the tip.

Upvote 0
I hope it works. I've got it, but am not sure if they grant access to every applicant.

J.Ty.

Upvote 0
@bearcub, it seems like you have decided to join the Insider program but just in case you haven't and are still considering the monthly channel (just to clarify the situation) the dynamic arrays/formulas have been put on general release to the monthly channel with the exception of xlookup and xmatch (they are both supposed to be put on general release very soon but there is no date at present).

Upvote 0
Thank you, I was thinking of getting talking to an agent to find out the steps I need to take but haven't done that yet.

Thank you for the update.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back