Golf scoring and recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

juniper622

I've put together a golf scoring and recording system in Excel. It automatically calculates total, nett, stableford, holes won etc. Importantly (I think) it works for every course by simply adjusting the par and stroke index. I'd appreciate comments on its usefulness etc. Have a look and download if required at www.junipergreen.net It's my small contribution to golf.

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
PS. It's set up for classic Stableford (i.e. the British version) as opposed to the other version that uses negative scores.

Why do you make it dependant upon the user having MS Template Wizard installed?

My own particular need was to be able to record personal scores over a season and also run an office competition. Have you a suggestion about this?

If it's for your use only, then it doesn't really matter.

If it is for use by others, I would suggest that you do not make it dependant upon the user having Template Wizard installed.

Why should that be an issue. It's a fairly widely used and useful part of Excel. To keep a record of scores what would you suggest as an alternative?

Well, I can't use your golf thing because I don't have Template Wizard and you don't give any instructions in your golf thing on how to get Template Wizard.

Is that not an issue?

Post your code, and perhaps I'll take the time to suggest some amendments.

You are the one requesting comments on its usefulness, are you not?

Perhaps you would prefer me to say that your golf thing is a wonderfully useful piece of work - or certainly would be if I were not such a ***** by failing to have Template Wizard on my computer.

Perhaps you should add a message box to your code that advises users like me not to be such ****** and get Template Wizard installed so that they can use your wonderful golf score card.

Edited by Von Pookie

I have amended the instructions to indicate how to load the Template Wizard Add-in. The comment on that point was at least useful. It was totally unnecessary though to resort to offensive language.

Attempts to open Scorecard now produce the message :-

The document is corrupt and cannot be opened.

Attempts at repair produce :-

Damage to the file was so extensive that repairs were not possible. Excel attempted to recover your formulas and values, but some data may have been lost or corrupted.

And how quaint that you consider such a widely used and useful word to be offensive. I should have used "******" - which so far has been an acceptable word on this forum - instead of the *****ly word I actually used. (I hope that "*****ly" is acceptable.)

For other users (if you can manage to ignore Mr Bop's unhelpful remarks) you should now be able to download OK and will also find additional instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LSchleppi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back