Good Excel Practical Jokes, Pranks, Mean Tricks, etc.

Re: IT MAY OR MAY NOT WORK

This one intrigues me. How can I get this to run, when a user clicks a spreadsheet cell.
I must be having an "oldtimer's" moment.

Thanks,
EJ

Depends on your video drivers. I've seen it work on some HP machines, and I have a Dell laptop where it works too.

Had some fun with it a couple of weeks back because if you are projecting, the laptop lets you invert the projected image while leaving your screen looking normal. When the course participants came back from lunch...

Denis

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
A long time a go I was in a training course for MS apps with a bunch of other teens to early 20s. One guy had this habit of turning around in his chair with his back to the screen and chatting away for ages.

So the old Marquee screen save was.... adjusted.... to a message that was basically:
Bob has a fetish for farm animals.......... Bob feels like chicken tonight!

So Bob (whose name has been changed to protect the wildlife) is chatting away when the people he is talking to start snickering, then giggling, then practically falling out of their chairs before Bob turned around and realised what had happened.
One of the.... less gifted.... female students tried to do it again to him and got caught in the act. He yelled out 'OI, cut that out or I'll delete your parrallel ports!'
She actually cried and begged him not to.

After that, education was frequently interrupted with different lines inserted into old AUTOEXEC.BAT files and the like.

I saw this post and was very intrigued. I have an idea for one of my own, but need some help with the code.

I want to place a file on my work network that is named "Supervisor Bonus Payouts". When a nosey person opens this file, a popup box says "Downloading virus.exe" with a % complete bar scrolling across. I then want to utilize the code:

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)
MsgBox ("Are you SURE you want to exit Excel?"), vbYesNo
If msg = 6 Then Application.Quit
Cancel = True
End Sub

so that they are unable to close the workbook, and thus freaking the person out.

When the 'virus' is done loading, perhaps having another dialog box popup saying "April Fool's Day!! Please see Joe to close this file"

What does everyone think?

I like it.. I am one of those people always snooping on shared drives trying to get into anything.

I saw this post and was very intrigued. I have an idea for one of my own, but need some help with the code.

I want to place a file on my work network that is named "Supervisor Bonus Payouts". When a nosey person opens this file, a popup box says "Downloading virus.exe" with a % complete bar scrolling across. I then want to utilize the code:

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)
MsgBox ("Are you SURE you want to exit Excel?"), vbYesNo
If msg = 6 Then Application.Quit
Cancel = True
End Sub

so that they are unable to close the workbook, and thus freaking the person out.

When the 'virus' is done loading, perhaps having another dialog box popup saying "April Fool's Day!! Please see Joe to close this file"

What does everyone think?

What you will need is a UserForm which triggers from the Workbook_Open event. The UserForm will need a label of desired width of the progress bar (say 400), give it a BackColor such as yellow. Perhaps placing the label within a Frame of the same width.

Then you need a bit of looping code on the UserForm_Activate event that will take the desired time to run...something like:

Code:
Dim a As Long, b As Long, c As Long
Label1.Width = 0
For a = 1 To 10000
    Label1.Width = (a / 10000) * 400
    DoEvents
    For b = 1 To 10000
        c = a * b
    Next b
Next c
UserForm1.Hide

Obviously adjust the limit values to suit the desired run time.

Not that I've done this sort of thing before of course :devilish:

Apparently I don't know this stuff as well as I thought. How do I get this set up?

Where are you stuck at?

To start creating a UserForm, open the VBE (Alt+F11), then go to Insert>UserForm. That should get you started!

Can't believe I just stumbled across this thread...

One to add, not a VBA one but still one I use to this day. Pop off the "M" and "N" keys on someone's keyboard and switch them around. :LOL:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rocky Mountain High

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back