Good Excel Practical Jokes, Pranks, Mean Tricks, etc.

1. Display a message box: "This application has performed an illegal operation and will be electrocuted".

2. Play audio of "short circuit" noises, crackle-POP-brrrt...

3. Run "melting screen" type screensaver for five seconds

4. Shutdown

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
I stumbled upon this thread this morning and am having difficulty keeping my priorities (and professionalism) intact. You see, I went to my boss for a raise last week. I have worked here a little over a year and a half and have implemented changes (through Excel and the help of this board) that have increased office productivity by nearly 50%. In large part, these changes have allowed our business to actually grow while most are working hard to keep what business they've got. I was told that not only would I not get a raise, but because of the economic downturn and all the high-tech programmers available, he is going to post an opening for one of them and if he finds somebody more qualified than me who will work for less, he's going to hire them and lay me off. Now how am I supposed to stay motivated until another employer responds to my resume? I know! Keep reading this thread...

Cheers!
Jim

immyjimmy said:
I was told that not only would I not get a raise, but because of the economic downturn and all the high-tech programmers available, he is going to post an opening for one of them and if he finds somebody more qualified than me who will work for less, he's going to hire them and lay me off.

You might want to check, but I think that is not legal for them to do that without cause.

PS - if the boss thinks that programmers will be cheaper - well, he/she needs a clue! :whistle:

My employment is "at will", meaning there is no contract between myself and my employer and either of us can terminate the employment at any time for any reason. Now unless I'm insubordinate (which ain't gonna happen - no matter what), I will be elegible for unemployment... Not what I want, but I've seen worse.

Jim

immyjimmy said:
My employment is "at will", meaning there is no contract between myself and my employer and either of us can terminate the employment at any time for any reason. Now unless I'm insubordinate (which ain't gonna happen - no matter what), I will be elegible for unemployment... Not what I want, but I've seen worse.

Jim

Screw 'em. Get some tips from this thread and show 'em what an angry programmer can do.

tbardoni said:
Screw 'em. Get some tips from this thread and show 'em what an angry programmer can do.

Just do it so they can't prove it was you Jimmy. I'm sure there are a few people here who could suggest some suitable revenge. Something timed would be nice so you were out of the way when all the macros deleted themselves or something. Revenge is a dish best tasted cold (Do I sound bitter? :LOL: )

immyjimmy said:

Jim

Go on! Bust 'em up
:devilish:

Ok guys,

How do you take your lumps gracefully when a harmless prank is taken the wrong way? :oops:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back