Graph help needed! Stacked column with proportionate arrows

FKalinx

I am looking at building a user journey flow using a combination of stacked column graphs in Excel. The objective is to make it look like a simpler version of this.

Here is my file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjjtacdkcja1sbh/Advocacy journey report.xlsx?dl=0

I have two problems:

1. My stacked columns aren't working as it's not proportionate to the data.

2. Also I don't know how to make arrows proportionately fit the the stacks.

Any help on either would be much appreciated.

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Hi FKalinx,

Your issue with the proportionate data is that Excel has modified your Min and Max of your vertical axis.

Check out this post on this issue: Problems-with-an-excel-dashboard-goal-chart

On your charts in general, you should consider making a Panel Chart with all your stacks in the same chart.

Check out this post related to that: How-to-make-a-wall-street-journal-horizontal-panel-chart-in-excel

As for your last question, what do you mean by Arrows? That doesn't make sense to me.

Steve=True

Upvote 0
Brilliant - thanks Steve=True. That has worked a treat. No longer need the arrows.

Cheers for your help.

Upvote 0
Hi Steve, that's now working but am having some issues with scattergraphs. Please see file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjjtacdkcja1sbh/Advocacy journey report.xlsx?dl=0

I need to plot the data with the green background as scatterplots. I have tried amending the scales with the correct min/max but can't get it to plot correctly.

Can you also add custom points in the scattergraphs - in this case, the brand logos (also highlighted in green).

Cheers

Upvote 0
Thanks Steve, again. The custom markers work a treat.

The first problem still persists. I can't get the scattergraph to display correctly. Both the x and y axis need to be 0 - 100% but the scale keeps changing. I have tried amending in the Scale option in the Format Axis dialogue but when I change y, x can never match?

Cheers

Upvote 0
Hi again,

In looking at your chart, you need to Fix instead of Auto the Min=0 and Max=1 of the horizontal and vertical axis options.

Also, not sure if you have chosen your XY chart data correctly. You should consider editing the series for each one by selecting the chart and then going to the Design Ribbon and then click on Select Data and Edit Each Series to make sure you have Numbers in your X and Y data.

Good Luck.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back