Graph with Dynamic Range and Scrollbar to hilight a point not updating

frapuano

Hi,

I am struggling since 2 days with the following issue, I have a sheet where are collected data for the analysis of the performance of an Heat Exhanger .
It is necessary to visually analyze the data collected and then highlight some points in this graph.
For the first step I have used same macros that change the Maximum and Minimum of the date scale ( macros "ScaleAxes_Plus" and "ScaleAxes_Minus" ) that are activated by the arrows Year+ and Year- that are on the top left corner of the graph ..and till now no problem.
Then for the second step of highlighting some points in the graph I have used the method indicated in this link -> Highlighting Data Points in Excel Scatter and Line Charts | Chandoo.org - Learn Microsoft Excel Online .

But there is something that doesn't work in coupling the first step with the second one because the highlighting method works till I use the slider with the first year ( 2012 ) data ...when I move ahead to the 2013 data .. then even if the min and the max of the slider are updated correctly using the following macro :

Sub ScrollBarChange_Min_Max()

ActiveSheet.Shapes.Range(Array("Scroll Bar 15")).Select
With Selection
.Value = Range("RngStart").Value
.Min = Range("RngStart").Value
.Max = Range("RngEnd").Value
'.SmallChange = 1
'.LargeChange = 10
.LinkedCell = "$Z$23"
'.Display3DShading = True
End With

End Sub

nothing happens .

I have even entered manually some data in column BE that is the one that is used to simulate the selection of one point in the graph ( I have entered several values equal to 10 from the BE402 ahead ) ..and they are displayed in the graph named test but not in the graph in which is dinamicaly changed the date range .
I have uploaded a sample file in Dropbox that shows what above described and attached is the link for downloading https://www.dropbox.com/s/r97gbv8f741aozp/Predix_Template_StrippedDown.xlsm?dl=0

..Now my brain is completely melt :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions

Best regards

Franco

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GBCOACW

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back