Graphing Data Using Time Intervals (HELP!)

gottabarra

Hi guys,

I am an electrical engineering student and it is only now that I am in my final year doing my thesis that I realised the importance of Excel so bare with me. ( excel n00b
wink.gif
)

I wish to create what is known as a 'load profile' from the home energy appliance data in which I have generated. Basically I have created a home energy audit which calculates the total energy usage of an appliance over time. The appliance usage is then allocated a time interval of when the appliance is used in 24 hour time eg. 17:00 - 19:00.

djm6fSw.png

With the data, I wish to create a time series plot to graph (line graph) the usage (in kWh/y axis) with time (15 minute intervals/x axis) however I don't have much familiarity with the excel functions. Effectively I would like to:

X Appliance uses 4kWh from 16:00 - 20:00 (4Hrs).
- Effectively 4kWh/4h = 1kW = 0.25kWh/15 min
- Therefore from 16:00, 16:15, 16:30.... 20:00 has an Y Value of 0.25 from 16:00 - 20:00

My issue is in my worksheet, I only have a drop down tab with the time values. How would I find the 15 Minute intervals between that time?

Attached is the spreadsheet to gain a better understanding. If you could PLEASE help, it would be GREATLY appreciated!

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
LwNqjBl.png

I have modified the layout into this form to make it easier. Effectively, my issue is how to convert 12:00 - 3:00 into 12:00, 12:15, 12:30 etc..

PLEASE HELP ME!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AppellatePerson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back