Greater than Less than for sales sheet

SkyBlazer

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello all,

I look into previously answered questions but they were not the same as mine so I was not able to use those formulas for my help.

I need help creating a simple formula which does the following

If sales are above 149.99 then the commission should be calculated at 10% of the total sales amount, if it's less than 150 then it should calculate at 5%.

It seems simple and i've written it many ways but i keep getting a parse error. Please help!

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Welcome to the Board!

Try this, for a value in cell A1:
Excel Formula:
=IF(A1<150,A1*.05,A1*.1)

Upvote 0
You are welcome.

Upvote 0
I have a secondary question to this formula.

We have another column which will be a sort of "approval" column. If the column has the word "Denied" I want the commissions from that same Row which we previously calculated to be minused from the Total in another Cell.

For example.

If commissions are showing $100 in Cell A6 but Cell C6 has the word "Denied" then the Totals for all that employees commissions in cell D3 should have the $100 from A6 being minused from it.

I hope that makes sense? Is this possible?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
The way this board works is if you have questions about the reply (i.e. needing clarification), then it is fine to post it back to the original thread.
However, if you have a new question (even if it is on the same project), it is usually best to post it to a new thread.
That way it appears as a new, unanswered question, and appears on the "Unanswered threads" listing for all to see.

Note, when posting this question to a new thread, it will probably be helpful to post a sample of your data with your expected results (as I found your question a little confusing, as I do not know the relationship between rows 3 and 6). Remember, while your question is familiar to you, it is not to us, and all that we have to go on is what you provide to us here. So showing us the structure of your data and expected results often goes a long way in describing it to us.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0
I am so sorry! I'll be mindful of that in the future.
No worries!
I see that you are new here, so just trying to provide a little guidance to help maximize your chances of getting replies.
:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HypnoFant

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back