Greyed Out Menu Items

jlopcpa

This is a first for me, and I dont know what happened. All of a sudden when I open excel (either a new sheet or an existing file) the following menu items are greyed out;

File: Save, Save As, Save As Web Page,

Edit: Cut, Copy, Paste, Paste Special, Paste as a Webpage, Delete Sheet, Move or Copy Sheet, Links, & Objects

Insert: Worksheet

Tools: Compare, Protection, & Macros

The edit commands are also greyed out from right clicking. However I can use the keboard commands to copy, paste, etc.

This is really weird and I dont know what to do. Everything I have found indicates that the sheet protection is on, but even the menu choice is greyed out.

Any Ideas? Thanks

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
WPESWrapper (PPCWPBI.xla)
I'll bet that's your culprit. That's an Excel Add-In. Part of its functionality may be to disable certain standard menu items in favor of its own. It may be a part of your other software so I have no idea if it's essential to what you do, but you can try Tools-->Add-Ins-->Browse through the list for "WPESWrapper" and uncheck it. You may need to close and reopen the workbook for changes to take effect, but see what that does.

Smitty

Upvote 0
bandit_1981 said:
Could you not just delete your .xlb file? It should restore everything back, right?

Throwing caution to the wind I found this file backed it up to my network drive and deleted it and whola it worked. Now I have not tried opening excel back up through our engagement software, but will try that next and if run into the problem I have at least figured out what happened.

I want to thank all of you for your help and input. Smitty thank you for sticking with this all day and all of your ideas. I just found this site through a google search and am very glad I did you guys are great and the site looks like it has some great resources, I use extensivly in my line of work and I will constantly be checking this site.

Thanks again

Jamie

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronnyf85

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back