Grouping Upside Down - How to reverse?

JNL74

All the directions I have found on line for reversing the direction of the grouping, are telling me to open the box and change the direction, however, there are no additional options, there is not box to "open" there are only two options, group & ungroup. They were top to bottom, then suddenly they weren't, so I'm thinking either me or someone working on the xls fat fingered a shortcut command, like ctrl+an arrow or something? Though, I can't find a shortcut command on line either.. Help please.
1644872218097.png
1644872250408.png

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Usually gurus answer questions so fast, is this one stumping everyone? Or did I end up in a dark corner somewhere in this site? Please.. I beg of you.. help me vertically flip my groups. .

Upvote 0
You might want to update your Account details to show which version of Excel you are using.
In this instance I am pretty sure you are using Web Excel (Excel Online), there are quite a number of differences between the functions available between it and the Desktop version.

The get the additional grouping options that you are after you will need to open the file in a Desktop version of Excel.
Once you have done that under the data tab you should be able to get the options shown below:

1644899308788.png

Upvote 0
If you are open to VBA, try this,
VBA Code:
Sub FlipVert()

Dim Rng As Range
Dim WorkRng As Range
Dim Arr As Variant
Dim i As Integer, j As Integer, k As Integer

On Error Resume Next
xTitleID = "Flip Data Vertically"
Set WorkRng = Application.Selection
Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleID, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8)
Arr = WorkRng.Formula

For j = 1 To UBound(Arr, 2)
    k = UBound(Arr, 1)
    For i = 1 To UBound(Arr, 1) / 2
        xTemp = Arr(i, j)
        Arr(i, j) = Arr(k, j)
        Arr(k, j) = xTemp
        k = k - 1
    Next
Next

WorkRng.Formula = Arr

End Sub

Upvote 0
I've tried that, but I will try again, I assumed that some options weren't on the o365 versions
You might want to update your Account details to show which version of Excel you are using.
In this instance I am pretty sure you are using Web Excel (Excel Online), there are quite a number of differences between the functions available between it and the Desktop version.

The get the additional grouping options that you are after you will need to open the file in a Desktop version of Excel.
Once you have done that under the data tab you should be able to get the options shown below:

View attachment 57822
It is already set to this and still upside down
1644906496657.png
1644906517329.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murarj

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back