Has anyone had the problem of code executing past break points?

spurs

Office Version
  1. 2016
  2. 2013
  3. 2010
  4. 2007
  5. 2003 or older
Platform
  1. Windows
I have been having sporatic issues lately (last month or so) while trying to debug code by using a break point, the code executes past the break point.

I have found on occation that removing the password protection on the macros fixes this temporarily but then it returns
I have at times had to close the workbook and reopen and it works for a bit then stops working again

Microsoft has not been able to help with this - any suggestions on where to look to fix this?

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Can't recall for sure but I think I've had this happen because that's how I learned of the Stop command. Put that where you want the code to pause but don't forget to comment it out when done.

Upvote 0
Thank you for this
stop does work ;
unfortunately it is an extra step

the inconsistency of brak point is very annoying. After over 25 years of using break point i have never seen this happen before a month ago

Upvote 0
Are you in the habit of compiling your code? It is possible that the text you see on a code page does not match what has been compiled. Just saving is not enough. If compiling doesn't solve the issue, I suggest you copy all, paste in a notepad file, remove code, save, compile, close and save wb, re-open, paste from notepad, save and compile. I recommend you back up the wb first.

Upvote 0
Micron
I have never intentionally compiled my work, but its possible that I may have clicked on debug and the compile key was accidentally pressed.

How can I verify if I have?

Upvote 0
If the code is compiled, the compile button on the toolbar is greyed out.

Upvote 0
Thanks
No my code was not compiled

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masterms

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back