Hello, I need some help with my workbook

eqeafarms

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to learn as I go here and I'm slow but steady. I want to have my workbook create a new row when certain info is entered into a cell. I am trying to track test results, and don't want a workbook a mile long so I want to start new rows after a certain point when we need to continue the testing process. Can someone help me with a code to make that happen? I'm learning and I am getting comfortable with functions but it is slow going, and I could really use some help. Thank you so much to anyone who might be able to help me!

excel screenshot for forum.png

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Can you put your data in an actual Excel table?

Highlight the data and hit CTRL+T, give it a name

The table will hold all your data validation and formatting.

It automatically does what you are wanting.

Upvote 1
I understand that, I mean to say these are ongoing investigations so there will be times where we may need a new row in the middle of the other rows, if that makes sense? Maybe I'm not asking the right question, sorry.

Upvote 0
You absolutely can add rows wherever you want. But what is the rule? Is it fine the last ID or order number or date or case number? How are you gonna tell Excel where to put the row?

Also, can you post your worksheet using XL2BB?

Upvote 1
I want to know how to make it start a new row under the current row if the cell in column 'T' displays the text "More Revision Needed"

I know I can add rows and stuff, I think I'm not being clear. Thanks for trying to help me.

Upvote 0
I want to know how to make it start a new row under the current row if the cell in column 'T' displays the text "More Revision Needed"

I know I can add rows and stuff, I think I'm not being clear. Thanks for trying to help . I will download that program and upload my workbook when I have more time, sorry!

Upvote 0
Welcome to the board by the way :)
So to be clear. A button on the top that looks at the active cell ./ active row and if column T has the correct value, insert row, else don't?

Upvote 0
Solution
Welcome to the board by the way :)
So to be clear. A button on the top that looks at the active cell ./ active row and if column T has the correct value, insert row, else don't?
Thank you for the welcome! Honestly, I am just gonna delete this post bc I think it is not a good question, I am studying up on macros and stuff and if I want to try this again, I am going to repost with a better and more specific question. I really appreciate your time and attempts to help me!

Upvote 0
PS. If you right mouse click on your table on the active cell you can insert rows right there.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back