HELP! ANYBODY! KEep getting skipped over! I NEED HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

2clacaze

I can't get my inventory to work the way I want it to. I work for a powder-coating company, so our inventory is dry, colored powder, tracked in pounds. Right now it looks something like this:

Sherwin WilliamsBK0135
BK0347
RoddaGloss Black14
Midnight55
CardinalRAL 70116
RAL 711283
RAL 700317

<tbody>
</tbody>

The powder manufacturer is in the first column, with their respective colors ranked below each in the next column. The third column is the current weight, in pounds, on hand. I want to add another column to reflect daily powder usage, in pounds,

Sherwin WilliamsBK01357.5
BK0347
RoddaGloss Black144
Midnight5520
CardinalRAL 70116
RAL 7112836.5
RAL 7003170.5

<tbody>
</tbody>

And I'm fine to this point. Not all colors are used daily, and I don't subtract zero. But I want the form to update after I hit enter on each usage cell:
Sherwin WilliamsBK01357.5

<tbody>
</tbody>

*ENTER*

Sherwin WilliamsBK0127.5

<tbody>
</tbody>

I run into circular references when trying a =SUM('currentweight'-'usage')

This inventory is a mess! Someone please HELP!

The poster was unable to post a screenshot or attach a file (that post has been deleted).
Post #1 appears to contain a quite respectable representation of a sheet layout.
When I posted I wasn't aware that a post had been deleted. However, on reviewing that history I see that the OP requested email contact. That means the OP also needs to become familiar with rule #4.

As you can see, I've posted my full response on the forum.

If this is STILL against the rules, please let me know how this should have been handled.
No, I can't see that. Your response includes a description of the general layout of two worksheets. There are no formulas or macros provided. The link provided in your post takes me to an image that indicates I can download a file, but clicking that image does nothing - for me at least. So I still don't really know the details of your suggestion. In any case the following extract from rule #4 applies to your file link.
Some of the issues with providing links to files uploaded to the internet are: those links often expire, many users cannot download files from file-sharing sites due to network security restrictions, many users are reluctant to download files for personal security reasons and the ability to search the forum effectively is reduced.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
I also apologize for rule bending. I'm not sure how to show my work here. Every time I go to post a screenshot, the only option i get is to paste from a URL...
What you did in post #1 isn't too bad in my view, except we don't know what columns or rows the data is in. However, have you tried the option from the 'Look here' link in my signature block below as most of those give better representations with column/row labels, formulas etc?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back