Help Creating "Round Bar Chart"

prkchpsnaplsaws

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Forewarning: I am very new to this sort of thing, and I am probably overthinking it to the nth degree... everything that follows may come off as a total "newb" question - and I apologize for that if so :)

I am trying to create a visual for my PBI that I have in my head... I know I have seen something like it before... a long time ago, but I don't know what it's called, and can't figure it out after a very lengthy time spent googling.

I created the "Chart" visual below in Microsoft Paint... my apologies, it's rather crude...i'm calling it a round bar chart, but there could be a more specific name for it, I am just not sure... perhaps if there is an official name for it, that will help me find it on the PBI marketplace.

For the raw data I am trying to use, there are 4 primary "Domains" (if you know about CliftonStrengths, this will look familiar to you)... and each domain has a certain number of attributes associated with them, 37 in total... to keep you from having to scroll too far, i'll limit the sub-domains (aka: "Strengths") to a few examples only:

1. Strategic Thinking
    1. Analytical
    2. Context
  2. Influencing
    1. Command
    2. Communication
  3. Relationship Building
    1. Adaptability
    2. Connectedness
  4. Execution
    1. Achiever
    2. Arranger

Each member who takes the "test" will have their results plugged into the PBI, and I want the visual "Round Bar Chart" to plot the results in a manner similar to the example I made in paint.

So the "outlying boxes" would be the 4 domains and each line, extending outwards, would be a "Count" of the number of people who fit that strength.

So, if 4 people had "Command" as a strength, then the line for "Command", nested under the "Influencing" domain would show teal and extending out to "4" on the circular part.

I hope I have adequately explained what I'm after... its hard to do when you're not exactly sure how to word whats in your head... please ask probing questions if needed, and I appreciate any help you can offer

1700492662116.png

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
That's pretty much a radar chart (a.k.a. spider/polar plot). The options for that in PowerBI are, last I checked, extremely limited, sadly.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back