Help finding the index number

sam slade

Hi,

I have been set the task of understanding how a vba process we have deindex's a series of indexed numbers. We have 2 sets of data, the 1st has been verified as accurate, but when appyling the process to a second data source the figures appear inflated when compared to the first. The verification test has been conducted whereby we uplift the resulted deindexed figures to a national level and compare this to our history table.

Does anyone know of a Excel routine that can de-index numbers that we can apply this to the second source?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Sam

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
I have no idea what you just said. Can you provide a sample of the data, and the VBA code?

Upvote 0
thanks for being honest Hatman,

I didn't even understand the process until i was given a brief word doc on the subject. I posted the question simply because our process kept on breaking but the moere i run it the more the same 2 numbers keep appearing so my investigation have taken a different direction.

In a nutshell, we receive a file of Indexed numbers, these numbers reflect changes in our market data, this number though is only reflective of the change not the actual number (bizarre i felt). Our vba process worked for 1 data source but broke for a 2nd. I fell this is because of different methods of indexing number.

I have posed this question on a maths/num/analysis forum and as yet have not received a response. I posted it here because the process was built in vba.

thanks

Sam

Upvote 0
Hi, Sam & hatman,

hatman asked for a sample + the code: remember ?
your second post is a bit clearer, but I wouldn't dare to start any help without knowing:
what the data look like
what you run on it
(what the result is)
what the expected result is

to my sense you tend to provide information which is not really needed to help: my advise would be "filter out the RELEVANT information"

kind regards,
Erik

Upvote 0
erik,

thks for the note, i appreciate i wasn't too clear, but i have realised that there process was breaking for a reason and a significant number was appearing. this i am investigating.

pls it's cool now, thks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike575

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back