(Help Please): Setting Data Range and Values to Range on Another Sheet

L

Legacy 447816

Hello everyone. I am new here so apologies if I have asked a question that has already been answered.

I have a bit of a dilemma and I am not finding anything able to explain what I am doing wrong. I am currently working on a work project in which I need to separate and re-sort a report based on very custom fields that does not have a built in Excel sort function to my knowledge.

I have it working, but it is very slow. The reason being is because the only way I have gotten it to work so far is to loop through each cell in the row and write it to the temp sheet one by one.

What I am attempting to do (and it won't work no matter what I try) is to instead move the entire row to the temp sheet all at once, ending at the last column with data because if I don't, that attempt is even slower. I also attempted to add all of the values to an array and transfer them that way using For Each, but, again, even slower. We handle data sets over 100,000 in many cases so, I am trying to find the most efficient way possible.

I keep getting "Invalid Qualifier" on this line and can't figure out why. I also cannot find a single resource that explains the syntax needed to do the above.

I am simply trying to set the value on the throwaway sheet's current row, (SpecCurCopyRow) to the value on the original sheet, up to just the last column of data.

SpecSuffSheet.Range(Cells(SpecCurCopyRow, 1), Cells(SpecCurCopyRow, SpecCurCopyRow.End(xlRight))) _
= OurWorksheet.Range(Cells(CurRow, 1), Cells(CurRow, CurRow.End(xlRight)))

Thanks!

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
It would be easier to help if you could post a screen shot of what your data looks like on both sheets? Alternately, you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com. or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. Include a detailed explanation of what you would like to do referring to specific cells, rows, columns and worksheets. If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back