Help remove footers

The_Reasonator

I have a template (with macros) that was created in Excel 97 that had a footer inserted via the Page Setup menu. This file was then upgraded to Excel 2010 Macro Enabled Template. Now when I try to go to page setup and remove the footer, the next time I print the document the footer is still there?! Help please! This file does used VBA Macros and is currently saved as a macro enabled file. (Macros do not do anything with the footer but I thought it was worth mentioning just in case the file type was important?)

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give me:)!

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
I have a template (with macros) that was created in Excel 97 that had a footer inserted via the Page Setup menu. This file was then upgraded to Excel 2010 Macro Enabled Template. Now when I try to go to page setup and remove the footer, the next time I print the document the footer is still there?! Help please! This file does used VBA Macros and is currently saved as a macro enabled file. (Macros do not do anything with the footer but I thought it was worth mentioning just in case the file type was important?)

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give me:)!

If you removed the footers and they reappear after opening the workbook, then you have an event code somewhere in your file that re-establishes the footers. Check the ThisWokrkbook code module for a Workbook_Open or Workbook_SheetActivate macro, check your worksheet code modules for worksheet_change, _activate or _deactivate macros that might establish the footers. If you have event code in either the ThisWorkbook or Worksheet modules, they could also call a standard macro that would establishe the footers. The footers don't just re=establish themselves after they have been removed, there is code there somewhere that is doing it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back