help solving a mystifying run-time error 1004?

Kramerica44

Hello all,

I have a VBA code I've used successfully to update formulas on a spread sheet once a week. This past week someone pointed out to me that in end of the month weeks 2 formulas were updated incorrectly. Once I corrected the R1C1 formulas, however, I started getting a run-time error (1004) even though the new formulas are substantially the same as the old ones and all the others that the macro generates. Here's a segment of the code with the broken lines and very similar formulas that work:

If Week = 10 Then
Range("AH15").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _
"=RC[-21]+RC[-12]+sum(R[-4]C[-31]:RC[-31])-R[-5]C[-20]-R[-5]C[-19]-R[-5]C[-11]-RC[-10]-RC[-9]"

Range("AH19").Select
"=RC[-21]+RC[-12]+sum(R[-3]C[-31]:RC[-31])-R[-4]C[-21]-R[-4]C[-12]-RC[-10]-RC[-9]"

Range("AH44").Select
"=RC[-21]+RC[-12]+sum(R[-4]C[-31]:RC[-31])-R[-5]C[-20]-R[-5]C[-19]-R[-5]C[-11]-RC[-10]-RC[-9]"

Range("AH48").Select
"=RC[-21]+RC[-12]+sum(R[-3]C[-31]:RC[-31])-R[-4]C[-21]-R[-4]C[-12]-RC[-10]-RC[-9]"

End If

The code won't run on the lines for AH15 and AH44, but works fine for AH19 and AH48. The only change to the formulas in AH15 and AH44 was "-R[-5]C[-20]-R[-5]C[-19]-R[-5]C[-11]" replaced "-R[-5]C[-21]-R[-5]C[-12]". Some other notes... This is one of many week number based if statements contained within a loop on all the sheets in the workbook. The macro uses an input box for the week number and then clears all relevant cells before entering any formulas. I updated the formulas for every end of month week and they all break at the two updated lines.

Thanks in advance for any and all attempts to help!

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
All the code works fine for me.

Upvote 0
That would seem to make sense since I see no reason that my code should break based on the changes I've made. Is there anything in the formatting of the cells or something similar that could cause my code to fail? Otherwise, is this a possible glitch and if so how can I remedy it? (I will try re-saving and/or copying and pasting the document and then pasting in the updated vba code and see if the "new" document works.)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mystic19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back