Help with an IF than Else formula

xchorse

I have a current formula =IF(G38<=0,"",'[IRRIG_CALCS.xls]C - ZONE INFO "A"'!F19) This formula works to display the current words that I am looking for. However I need to add onto it. So currently its looking in another spread sheet for a column if it has nothing in it then it leaves the new column in my new spreadsheet blank but if it has a numbered value in it then it displays the word from the first spreadsheet (which is Irrg_Calcs.xls) Column F. I have added two new values to column F the values are Water Feature and Non Irrigated. So now I need to add onto this formula to have it display blank also if column F has the value Water Feature or Non Irrigated in it.

I was thinking it should go something like this =IF(AND(G38<=0,"",'[IRRIG_CALCS.xls]C - ZONE INFO "A"'!F19),IF(F19=Water Feature,""))
But this formula doesn't work its giving me a #VALUE! error.

I hope someone can help me. Let me know if you need more info.
Thanks, Marcy

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
=IF(OR(G38<=0, '[IRRIG_CALCS.xls]C - ZONE INFO "A"'!F19="Water Feature", '[IRRIG_CALCS.xls]C - ZONE INFO "A"'!F19="non Irrigated" ), "",'[IRRIG_CALCS.xls]C - ZONE INFO "A"'!F19)

So the OR is checking if any of the conditions apply
then return a ""

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oK, I have a similar question to this last one. I have a formula =SUM((($U$11/31*7)*('[IRRIG_CALCS.xls]C - ZONE INFO "A"'!$N48*60)/('[IRRIG_CALCS.xls]C - ZONE INFO "A"'!$P48*'[IRRIG_CALCS.xls]C - ZONE INFO "A"'!$Q48))/'[IRRIG_CALCS.xls]C - ZONE INFO "A"'!$Z48)

I want it to read the number it produces unless the Column F has the values Water Feature and Non Irrigated. So now I need to add onto this formula to have it display blank also if column F has the value Water Feature or Non Irrigated in it.

I was thinking it would go like this according to your answer previously given.
=IF(OR(SUM((($U$11/31*7)*('[IRRIG_CALCS.xls]C - ZONE INFO "A"'!$N48*60)/('[IRRIG_CALCS.xls]C - ZONE INFO "A"'!$P48*'[IRRIG_CALCS.xls]C - ZONE INFO "A"'!$Q48))/'[IRRIG_CALCS.xls]C - ZONE INFO "A"'!$Z48), '[IRRIG_CALCS.xls]C - ZONE INFO "A"'!F19="Water Feature", '[IRRIG_CALCS.xls]C - ZONE INFO "A"'!F19="non Irrigated" ), "",)

I thought I followed your rules in the answer you gave me previously but maybe it acts different when you have a sum. Can you please help with this.
Thanks again, Marcy

Upvote 0
you could use a SUM to get the total and then subtract to a couple of SUMIF() to get rid of the water feature
BUT I'm not sure I see what you are summing

lets ignore the specific references and simply

(U11/31*7 )* (WB!N48*60 ) / WB!P48 * WB!Q48 / WB!Z48

so IF WB!F48 has Water Feature or Non irrigated - then you do not want any number

=Are you copying this down a sheet , so the rows increment ???

Not SURE how F19 relates to Row 48 in the spreadsheet
Before we used F19 on the WB
now we are mixing ROWS

if its just the one Number

=SUM((($U$11/31*7)*('[IRRIG_CALCS.xls]C - ZONE INFO "A"'!$N48*60)/('[IRRIG_CALCS.xls]C - ZONE INFO "A"'!$P48*'[IRRIG_CALCS.xls]C - ZONE INFO "A"'!$Q48))/'[IRRIG_CALCS.xls]C - ZONE INFO "A"'!$Z48)

change to

=IF( OR (
'[IRRIG_CALCS.xls]C - ZONE INFO "A"'!F19="Water Feature", '[IRRIG_CALCS.xls]C - ZONE INFO "A"'!F19="non Irrigated" ), "" , SUM((($U$11/31*7)*('[IRRIG_CALCS.xls]C - ZONE INFO "A"'!$N48*60)/('[IRRIG_CALCS.xls]C - ZONE INFO "A"'!$P48*'[IRRIG_CALCS.xls]C - ZONE INFO "A"'!$Q48))/'[IRRIG_CALCS.xls]C - ZONE INFO "A"'!$Z48) )

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eggy66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back