Help With Conditional Formula

Dsheaff

I'm missing something!!... Hoping someone can help.

=IF(AND('QC W Beam'!O8=1,'QC W Beam'!I7="GUARDRAIL REPAIR (W & THRIE BEAM)"),'QC W Beam'!IM165,"")

This formula delivers the number 0 (zero) to the recipient cell (cell N56 on the worksheet titled QC Summary Rail.. The first and second elements deliver "TRUE" ... The third element 'QC W Beam'!M165 delivers 0 (zero). The referenced cell, M165, on the worksheet QC W Beam is filled with the value FAILED

All referenced and related cells are formatted as "General"

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
What you get if you simply type "NN" in N56??

is it showing 0

Upvote 0
The referenced cell, M165, on the worksheet QC W Beam is filled with the value FAILED
Does the cell actually contain the word "FAILED" or is it shown by conditional formatting when M165 contains 0?

If the latter is the case (which seems the most likely possibility) then any formulas referring to that cell will still see the 0 value in the cell, not the label that is applied to it by conditional formatting.
To work around that you would need to either apply the same conditional formatting to the cell with the new formula, or add another condition into your formula. The best way would depend what you're doing with the data afterwards.

Upvote 0
The cell containing the value failed cell M165), is formatted as follows: =IF(AND($P$169>=1,G13>=1),"FAILED","") Prior to introducing the conditional statement you see in my original transmittal above, the cell was simply formatted as ='QC W Beam'!M165 . At that time, cell M165 was formatted as I've mentioned here.... and the correct value FAILED was delivered.

Upvote 0
The only thing that comes to mind is that you have a circular reference somewhere that is causing the problem. I can see no other reason for it to happen.

The formula that you have shown us can only return one of 2 things under normal conditions. Either the content of M165, or a blank.

If M165 contains anything other than 0 then it means that there is something not normal about your file. Without having the actual file to diagnose it is going to be impossible to find the cause.

Upvote 0
You would need to upload it to a file sharing site then post the link in the forum.

Upvote 0
Per your instruction, I have posted pieces of my file relative to the issue I've raised above to a file sharing site and posted a link to same below. Would appreciate you taking one more look at this issue. What ever help or guidance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Even looking at the file, it took me a while to find it, you have an almost impossible to see typo.

Your formula is looking at IM165 not M185.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wayneho98

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back