Help with creating a PivotTable regarding compound interest

ericashweather

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello ALL!!

Is there a way to use the data of an amount ($1, $100, $1000), a timeframe (1 year up to 40 years), and interest rate (1% to 10%). My intent is to create a table that shows the power of investing $1 with years on one axis and interest rate on another. My question is if this can be placed as a PivotTable. OR would anybody have a recommendation as to how to best display how one dollar (or 10 or 100) can grow by showing the ending balance if you invest one dollar for 1 year and up to 40 years, but spread over with the ending balances for each interest rate?

THANK YOU!!!

I tried studying hard the actual financial formula for this and could not get it functioning in a way to get what I am trying to get. What I did do so far is create a simple spreadsheet of the ten interest rates (mentioned above) at the top and the amount of years (1 year each over 40 years). Within each cell of this matrix/table/spreadsheet displayed is the ending balance of that interest rate per that length of years. I created the formulas for each year per interest rate of one dollar and display the compound interest accrued for that year and then underneath that the ending balance for that year. I have a second sheet with the rows of each compound interest earned for that year hidden. I will revisit this post and upload what I actually made.

My intent is to use the amount, duration, and interest rate, and turn that into a PivotTable. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back