Help with Displaying figure between a range of percentages

jeff2012

Could someone please help me!
I am trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I want to have the user enter a loan amount and a percentage, then in my spreadsheet i have the particular rate appear that corresponds to information inputed above.

=IF(AND(C2<=250000),IF(AND(F2<=75%),DATA!J4),IF(OR(C2<=250000),IF(AND(F2>=76%,F2<=90%),DATA!J5,DATA! J6)))

This is what I have so far.

If loan amount is under 250,000 and greater than or equal to 76% and less than equal to 90% then return a figure on the sheet named Data J5. I have other conditions that I have to add to this as well. However if I can work out how to do these, then I should be ok.

Can anyone help me please

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Could someone please help me!
I am trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I want to have the user enter a loan amount and a percentage, then in my spreadsheet i have the particular rate appear that corresponds to information inputed above.

=IF(AND(C2<=250000),IF(AND(F2<=75%),DATA!J4),IF(OR(C2<=250000),IF(AND(F2>=76%,F2<=90%),DATA!J5,DATA! J6)))

This is what I have so far.

If loan amount is under 250,000 and greater than or equal to 76% and less than equal to 90% then return a figure on the sheet named Data J5. I have other conditions that I have to add to this as well. However if I can work out how to do these, then I should be ok.

Can anyone help me please
Like this...

=IF(AND(C2<>"",C2<=250000,F2>=0.76,F2<=0.9),.......

Upvote 0
Hi,

I was wondering if I could send the spreadsheet to you and see if you can work it out. I'm still having trouble telling the program what I what it to do?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Is this what you want to do
if c2 <=250000 and f2 <=75% then data!J4
if c2 <=250000 and f2 between 76% to 90% then data!J5
else data!J6

Try this :

=IF(AND(C2<=250000,F2<=75%),data!J4,IF(OR(C2<=250000,AND(F2>=76%,F2<=90%)),data!J5,data!J6))

Upvote 0
Thanks Paddy,

That is what i'm trying to achieve. It is coming up with a value of false. How can I change this to show the actual rates on the Sheet DATA?

Thanks

Upvote 0
For which value in Cell C2 and F2 it is showing as False ?
What value is in Data J4,J5,J6 ?

Upvote 0
On DATA sheet J4J5J6
They are Interest Rates (so percentages)

The C2 and F2 are user input cells and it is coming up false in the cell J9 which is where I need it to display the interest rate.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0
Sorry Jeff... i m kind of confused...

You said cell J9 is showing the value as False, But our formula has nothing to do with cell J9....

Are you coping the formula to different cells, in that case the ranges will also change you need to change cell reference to absolute cell referencing.

if i m not getting it correctly, can you paste it. so that i can have an idea ...Thanks

Upvote 0
Sorry Paddy,

J9 is on the sheet where I want everything displayed and that is the cell which i'm writing the formula.

Formula in cell J9
=IF(AND(C2<=250000,F2<=75%),DATA!J4,IF(OR(C2<=250000,AND(F2>=76%,F2<=90%)),DATA!J5,DATA!J6))

DATA SHEET
J4 = 6.37%
J5 =6.47%
J6= 6.57%

DISPLAY SHEET

Loan Amount = $.......(user Input) this is C2

LVR = .....%(user Input) this is F2

Hope this helps explain. Otherwise I could send you the spreadsheet

Thanks Paddy.

Upvote 0
Hi Jeff

Working fine on my machine, just one more question, if cell J9 is on the DISPLAY SHEET ?

what are the values in cell C2 and F2 which gives result as False.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bharathi V

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back