Help with Excel 2002 Please!

DavidT

Thanks for reading this.

Wondering if anyone can help me. I'm using Excel 2002 on Windows ME.

There is a feature called "Text to Speech". This reads back your worksheets to you or reads back each entry as you input it. I know how to use this routine but when it runs I do not get any sound. I have checked that ME supports this feature.

As far as I am aware there are no problems with my speakers or sound card etc and you can see Excel going through the routine just no sound coming out. Excel does not display any error messages.

Having read various items I have been into the control panel and seleced the "speech" icon. Help says there should be a "text to speech" dialogue box. I don't have this, only "about" and "speech recognition" tabs neither of which have any "text to speech" settings. For instance there should be a list of different voices you can use or change the voice speed or change the voice from female to male etc. I can't find any of this.

The fact I can't find this makes me think I don't have some component installed. I have searched my Office XP CD and my Windows ME CD but can't find anything else to set up or install.

I know this feature in Excel doesn't require speech recognition or training or a microphone etc it should just read back.

Does anyone have any idea where my problem lies and how I can rectify it? As I say my gut feeling is I am missing some component or something is not activated rather than there being a PC problem as such.

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sam1121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back