Help with formula

annep833

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I am looking for help with this formula. It's not working and I know I'm doing something wrong. I am trying to combine these two formulas:

=IF((ISNUMBER(SEARCH("",F17)),"Done in Q1"))

=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(C:C,'Q2 Quality'!$H$2:$H$7500,0)),"",INDEX('Q2 Quality'!$I$2:$I$7500,MATCH(C:C,'Q2 Quality'!$H$2:$H$7500,0)))

The ISERROR formula works for me to pull the data from the Q2 Quality worksheet into my ALL worksheet but I also want to add that if the

You are not matching a value anywhere in col C, you are matching the value in col C on the same row as the formula.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
I need to match a value in the column, not a specific cell. If it works, what is the harm?
Okay. Thanks again for your help. You won't have to deal with me anymore. Everyone on this site thinks I'm an idiot so I hate using it. I wish I had time to learn more about Excel so that I don't have to rely on others. I do try on my own but I end up wasting too much time trying to come up with a solution. Anyway, thanks again.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry you feel that way, but I certainly don't think you're an idiot, we all have to start somewhere.
Whilst you can use the whole column reference it is generally considered to be "bad practice" & if you ever switch to an Excel version with the dynamic functions it could cause problems.
I was just trying to "steer" you in the right direction. but at the end of the day it's your choice & if you prefer using whole column references, then stick with them. :)

Upvote 0
I'm sorry you feel that way, but I certainly don't think you're an idiot, we all have to start somewhere.
Whilst you can use the whole column reference it is generally considered to be "bad practice" & if you ever switch to an Excel version with the dynamic functions it could cause problems.
I was just trying to "steer" you in the right direction. but at the end of the day it's your choice & if you prefer using whole column references, then stick with them. :)
I appreciate the advice!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back