Help with HTML in an excel cell or without HTML parsing into columns

someexcelhelppls

Hi all,
I am fairly new at this part, but I need help parsing a cell that contains the data I need. Unfortunately it only comes in 2 formats, 1 with xml code and one without but with strange carriage returns that I cannot find and replace with semicolons to parse. I have attached an example to see if anyone has any thoughts on how to tackle this. I do not know any VBA or other coding, just a FYI so please dumb it down if you can help me. I need it!

Thanks all in advance!

Without XML this all appears in one cell..... :(

Incident Start Date/Time: Sep26 2014 08:54:00 PDT Incident Stop Date/Time:Sep29 2014 07:01:00 PDT

Incident Duration: 70 hours 7 minutes

Incident Region: au-mel-1.telstra

Incident Priority: P1

Lead Engineer(s):Paul Wiltsey/Andrew Wojtkowiak

Components – L1: Openstack & Plug-ins

Components – L2 Swift + API

Code Version: 1.0.9

Remedy Cases:INCTS0000000144/INCTS0000000145

Incident Manager: Lydia Martin

Tenants Impacted (High Touch): Telstra

Incident Summary:

Tenants were receiving a “Connection Refused” error when trying to access Swift Object Store. As a result of a change on Friday, a duplicate IP was introduced into the environment. Once the duplicate was removed, access to Swift was restored.

With XML:

<font size="4"><b><span class="rally-rte-class-02765574e"><b><i>Incident Start Date/Time: </i></b></span></b></font>Sep 26 2014 08:54:00 PDT  <div> <span class="rally-rte-class-02765574e"><b><i>Incident Stop Date/Time:</i></b></span>Sep 29 2014 07:01:00 PDT </div><div> <span class="rally-rte-class-02765574e"><b><i>Incident Duration: </i></b><font size="2">70 hours 7 minutes</font> <br /></span></div><div> <span class="rally-rte-class-02765574e"><b><i>Incident Region: </i></b></span>au-mel-1.telstra <br /></div><div> <span class="rally-rte-class-02765574e"><b><i>Incident Priority:</i></b> P1<br /></span></div><div> <span class="rally-rte-class-02765574e"><b><i>Lead Engineer(s):</i></b></span>Paul Wiltsey/Andrew Wojtkowiak </div><div> <span class="rally-rte-class-02765574e"><b><i>Components – L1: </i></b>Openstack & Plug-ins<br /></span></div><div> <span class="rally-rte-class-02765574e"><b><i>Components – L2 </i></b>Swift + API<br /></span></div><div> <span class="rally-rte-class-02765574e"><b><i>Code Version: </i></b>1.0.9<br /></span></div><div> <span class="rally-rte-class-02765574e"><b><i>Remedy Cases:</i></b></span>INCTS0000000144/INCTS0000000145 </div><div> <span class="rally-rte-class-02765574e"><b><i>Incident Manager: </i></b>Lydia Martin <br /></span></div><div> <span class="rally-rte-class-02765574e"><b><i>Tenants Impacted (High Touch): </i></b>Telstra<br /></span></div><div> <span class="rally-rte-class-02765574e"><b><i>Incident Summary:<br /></i></b></span>Tenants were receiving a “Connection Refused” error when trying to access Swift Object Store. As a result of a change on Friday, a duplicate IP was introduced into the environment. Once the duplicate was removed, access to Swift was restored. <br /></div><font size="4"><b><br /></b></font><br /><br /><br /><font size="4"><font size="2"><br /></font></font>

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KMGLarson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back