Help with IF and VLOOKUP formula

jrhewhite

Hi, I am trying to add a new features to an excel file the New Home Sales company I work for uses for quoting. The feature I wanting to add relates to our display homes and their upgrades.

I am thinking :confused: that a formula with both IF and VLOOKUP would be the way to go but I am not sure the best way to write the formula. I have a drop down list with each of the house plans which works great but depending on which house plan is chosen, I want that floor plans extras (which are on sheet call 'UPGRADE LIST' with the upgrades in comlumn 'A' (& 'C' & 'E' and so on and the prices in 'B' (& 'D' & 'F' and so on for the other house plans) to be shown on another sheet which we will call 'AS DISPLAY' in column 'B'. I have a drop down list already in column 'A' with 'YES/NO'. If 'YES' is selected, I want the the correct price to show so I can then use a '=SUM' formula.

I hope that I have explained it clearly enough. A number of revisions to get it to this point.

Cheers in advance.

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Hi jrhewhite,

It would be helpful if you could show us a 'before' and 'after' scenario. I get so far in your explanation then you lose me a little bit. :confused:

Upvote 0
Sorry for my lack of information or an example. I was just about to find out how to close the thread. A mate came over and worked it all out pretty quickly. Gotta love the placement of a comma here and there with a couple of brackets as well and it all sorts itself out. The excel for dummies book must be HUGE!!!

Sorry if you had wasted any time on it. Kudos if you had.

All the best and thanks.

Jason

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back