Help With Simple Formula

VitesseCarOwner

Board Regular
I have a subtotal which equates to 86%, I know that I need a further 14% to equal 100%. How do I calculate the actual number from the 86% to make 100%?

For example 172 = 86%, I know I need 28 more items (14%). Therefore if I have 172 items and no that I need 14% more what formula would I use to calculate it?

Thanks

I utterly concede on the formula - my brain processed it in the wrong order - I will try to get a new one on Ebay. The best of it is I still could not see it until your last post. I have been retired for 5 years now and Excel skills are definitely waning.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
I utterly concede on the formula - my brain processed it in the wrong order - I will try to get a new one on Ebay. The best of it is I still could not see it until your last post. I have been retired for 5 years now and Excel skills are definitely waning.
No problem, oversights happen.
For a while there I was thinking that you too hadn't paid enough attention to your maths teacher. :)

Upvote 0
I was very good at maths until I got a job, went to night school, and a lovely Indian man said, this term we are going to do calculus. Not sure how this was going to help a metallurgist. I mastered very simple differentiation but integration beat me. Then I had kids, one came home and asked for help with maths homework, SETS. Never figured that either.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back