Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi friend

good day, I need help with a few issues on my formula

I have used SUMIFS in my data summary sheet to sum multiple sheets In columns C, D, E, and G, H, I, but the problem I am having now is that where there is "zero" I need it to be a blank cell
Also, I don't know if my formula in column J is right as I need to sum Column G & H and then Subtract Column I to have the balance. in column J

Appreciate support from the team

Thanks & Regards

Weekly Dispatch CCU Report July 2023.xlsx
BCDEFGHIJ
3Date Outstanding CCU from previous dayNew CCU's ready for shipment for the dayDispatched CCU's for the dayBalance CCU's (end of the day)Outstanding loose cargo from previous dayNew cargo ready for shipment for the dayDispatched loose cargo for the dayBalance Loose cargo (end of the day)
401-Jul66052963644300443
CCU Summary Report
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B4B4=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(CHEMICAL!C4,CHEMICAL!C4:C36,1,0),"")
C4:E4,H4:I4C4=SUMIFS(CHEMICAL!D$4:D$60000,CHEMICAL!$C$4:$C$60000,'CCU Summary Report'!$B4)+SUMIFS('M&H'!C$4:C$60000,'M&H'!$B$4:$B$60000,'CCU Summary Report'!$B4)
F4F4=IFERROR(1/(1/SUM(C4:D4))-E4,"")
G4G4=IFERROR(SUMIFS(CHEMICAL!H$4:H$60000,CHEMICAL!$C$4:$C$60000,'CCU Summary Report'!$B4)+SUMIFS('M&H'!G$4:G$60000,'M&H'!$B$4:$B$60000,'CCU Summary Report'!$B4),"")
J4J4=IFERROR(1/(1/SUM(G4+H4))-I4,"-")

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Hi,

would you not be able to wrap it (C4) in an IF statement like so :
Excel Formula:
=IF(SUMIFS(CHEMICAL!D$4:D$60000,CHEMICAL!$C$4:$C$60000,'CCU Summary Report'!$B4)+SUMIFS('M&H'!C$4:C$60000,'M&H'!$B$4:$B$60000,'CCU Summary Report'!$B4)=0,"",SUMIFS(CHEMICAL!D$4:D$60000,CHEMICAL!$C$4:$C$60000,'CCU Summary Report'!$B4)+SUMIFS('M&H'!C$4:C$60000,'M&H'!$B$4:$B$60000,'CCU Summary Report'!$B4))

Upvote 0
Solution
Another option would be
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(1/(1/SUMIFS(CHEMICAL!D$4:D$60000,CHEMICAL!$C$4:$C$60000,'CCU Summary Report'!$B4)+SUMIFS('M&H'!C$4:C$60000,'M&H'!$B$4:$B$60000,'CCU Summary Report'!$B4)),"")

Upvote 0
Hi,

would you not be able to wrap it (C4) in an IF statement like so :
Excel Formula:
=IF(SUMIFS(CHEMICAL!D$4:D$60000,CHEMICAL!$C$4:$C$60000,'CCU Summary Report'!$B4)+SUMIFS('M&H'!C$4:C$60000,'M&H'!$B$4:$B$60000,'CCU Summary Report'!$B4)=0,"",SUMIFS(CHEMICAL!D$4:D$60000,CHEMICAL!$C$4:$C$60000,'CCU Summary Report'!$B4)+SUMIFS('M&H'!C$4:C$60000,'M&H'!$B$4:$B$60000,'CCU Summary Report'!$B4))
Hi Robp / Fluff

Thank you so much for being there always to support both formulas really resolved my issue, just a quick one
After inserting the formula I decided that instead of Keeping a blank cell I use a negative sign (-) to replace the blank in the data just to keep it clean.

My apology please I would love to have a solution with the column J formula instead of having zero I need to have a blank where there is not value

Appreciate the support.

Regards

Upvote 0
Hi,

you can just insert a (-) sign in between the "" within the formula that you used I believe. Therefore if its a zero, it will use a (-) instead. So should look like "-" instead of ""

cheers
Rob

Upvote 0
Hi,

you can just insert a (-) sign in between the "" within the formula that you used I believe. Therefore if its a zero, it will use a (-) instead. So should look like "-" instead of ""

cheers
Rob
Dear Robp

Yes, I did just that. however in Column J with formula i need

=IFERROR(1/(1/SUM(I40+J40))-K40,"-")

IF Column G + Column H =703 then Subtract Column I then result in Column J should be 609 but instead am getting Negative sign but if i take out the Negative sign from my Formula i will have right answer but because i need to drag down all formula,

Column GColumn HColumn IColumn J Balance
703-94- Error using Formula Above when drag down answer should be 609
----
----

How can i update it Please appreciate the help of formula in column J

regards

Upvote 0
yes, its because you are trying to add / subtract a "character" = (-) rather than a number. Excel cannot add 1+2+"-", or 1+2+"A" for example. So best you go back to leave it as 0, or a blank (as it can interpret a blank as 0)

Rgds
Rob

Upvote 0
yes, its because you are trying to add / subtract a "character" = (-) rather than a number. Excel cannot add 1+2+"-", or 1+2+"A" for example. So best you go back to leave it as 0, or a blank (as it can interpret a blank as 0)

Rgds
Rob
Dear Robp

Many Thanks i will just do that

Regards

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
provoking

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back