Merging Multiple Cell Values into 1 Cell

ajwooden32

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
1707950220849.png

My original question was needing a formula to find each date in B4:O25 in row Q3:IV3, then automatically enter text from B3:O3 into the intersecting cell below specific date. B4 has a sample that I manually entered into the correct locations. This question was answered using this formula:

=IF(AND($B4>=Q$3,$B4<R$3),$B$3,IF(AND($C4>=Q$3,$C4<R$3),$C$3,IF(AND($D4>=Q$3,$D4<R$3),$D$3,IF(AND($E4>=Q$3,$E4<R$3),$E$3,IF(AND($F4>=Q$3,$F4<R$3),$F$3,IF(AND($G4>=Q$3,$G4<R$3),$G$3,IF(AND($H4>=Q$3,$H4<R$3),$H$3,IF(AND($I4>=Q$3,$I4<R$3),$I$3,IF(AND($J4>=Q$3,$J4<R$3),$J$3,IF(AND($K4>=Q$3,$K4<R$3),$K$3,IF(AND($L4>=Q$3,$L4<R$3),$L$3,IF(AND($M4>=Q$3,$M4<R$3),$M$3,IF(AND($N4>=Q$3,$N4<R$3),$N$3,IF(AND($O4>=Q$3,$O4<R$3),$O$3,""))))))))))))))

Now I need to take the above formula (which works perfectly) to combine cells with the same date from B4:O25 into one cell over in Q4:AZ25. Can this be done?

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
What is an example of expectations with the last sentence?
Also, you have a lot of data that the forum needs to manually recreate to help you solve your question. Please use the xl2bb add in (link below), or post your data as a table that can be copied. While the image does a good job of explaining your question it takes time for the forum to manually type it in and they can have errors as well.
And, you'll get many more responses from forum members.

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
It doesn't look like there are alot of instances were this would happen. Maybe use a conditional formatting in columns B4:O25 (Making sure B4 is the active cell in the range, then using the formula to determine cell format:
Excel Formula:
=COUNTIF($B4:$O4,B4)>1
and choosing the format Fill (Pick a color)
This will highlight the cell in the color you chose if it's a duplicate. You can either filter by color or scan down the page, depending on how much data you have.

Upvote 0
Also, you have a lot of data that the forum needs to manually recreate to help you solve your question. Please use the xl2bb add in (link below), or post your data as a table that can be copied. While the image does a good job of explaining your question it takes time for the forum to manually type it in and they can have errors as well.
All good comments!

But (with just a little bit of typing) I think this is what you're after?

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZAAABACADAEAFAGAHAIAJAKALAMAN
3PreCon 1Con 2FDPPPOJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDecJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec
4Apr 21Jul 22May 23Nov 22   Pre              D   PP 
5May 21Jul 22Jul 22May 21    Pre,P             Con 2,F     
Sheet3
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
Q3:AN3Q3=EDATE(DATE(2021,1,1),SEQUENCE(,24,0))
Q4:AN5Q4=TEXTJOIN(",",,FILTER($B$3:$M$3,(MONTH($B4:$M4)=MONTH(Q$3))*(YEAR($B4:$M4)=YEAR(Q$3)),""))
Dynamic array formulas.

Upvote 1
Solution
What is an example of expectations with the last sentence?
And, you'll get many more responses from forum members.

Thanks in advance.
I was meaning the formula above works perfectly for placing one cell's value in the correct location. It just doesn't combine values into one cell if multiple cells have the same date.

Upvote 0
@StephenCrump This worked great for a month to month timeline. Thank you for this piece!!!

How do I get this same type of information into a quarter by quarter columns & cells combined into an individual cell? Currently the data in P3:AY23 is all just manual entry which takes too long when dates move.

I should also mention, all the Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 are currently just text in P2:AY2. Not sure how to enter these quarters in each cell & for them to be searchable.

1708125482677.png

Upvote 0
One way, perhaps:

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWX
3PreCon 1Con 2FDPPPOQ1Q2Q3Q4Q1Q2Q3Q4
4Apr 21Jul 22May 23Nov 22 Pre    DPP
5Jul 21Nov 22Nov 22Jul 21  Pre,P    Con 2,F
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
Q4:X5Q4=LET(c,COLUMNS($Q3:Q3),y,INDEX($Q3:$X3,c),TEXTJOIN(",",,FILTER($B$3:$M$3,(CEILING(MONTH($B4:$M4),3)=3+3*MOD(c-1,4))*(YEAR($B4:$M4)=INT($Q$2+(c-1)/4)),"")))

I should also mention, all the Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 are currently just text in P2:AY2. Not sure how to enter these quarters in each cell & for them to be searchable.
You could enter as numbers, formatted as "Q"0. Then 1,2 .... will display as Q1, Q2 ...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back