Help with vlookup and returning a value in a different row

devenm1015

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Ok so I am not sure where I am going wrong here. I am trying to use the current excel sheet and format another manager is using so it does not disrupt what he is already doing. Basically, I need to have the look up value be the date and then return the Pellet quantity in the third column to one location and the extruded quantity also in the third column to a different location. With vlookup only allowing me to have the data in the same row I am not sure how to go about doing this. Anyone have any thoughts? I would greatly appreciate some help here. LOL

1692509646581.png

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

For the future, please consider XL2BB for providing sample data to make it easier for helpers by not having to manually type out sample data to test with. :)

Is it something like this that you are after?

23 08 20.xlsm
ABCDEFGHI
1DatePelletExtruded
225/07/2023Pellet12325/07/202314
3Extruded45626/07/2023710
4Total
626/07/2023Pellet789
7Extruded101112
8Total
Lookup
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
H2:H3H2=XLOOKUP(G2,A$2:A$20,C$2:C$20)
I2:I3I2=XLOOKUP(G2,A$2:A$20,C$3:C$21)

Upvote 0
It does not seem to be working for me. I cannot use the mini sheet because my company's security things on my computer do not allow me to download or use any addons. Here is a screen shot. I can get the data in the immediate row to return but for some reason I cannot get the xlook up to return for the extruder bags each day
1693190710056.png

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, from the image I cannot see/know
  • what rows/columns the data is in
  • what rows/columns formulas are in
  • what each formula is
  • what 1st Shift means - that wasn't mentioned before.
  • what the expected results are
I am also confused about the dates. I had assumed that your dates are m/d/y format, please confirm or correct me.
If I am correct about that then 8/3/2023 is a Thursday yet it seems for Bags Packed you have 2382 from the 8/3/2023 section (Thursday?) listed beside Mon.
A lot more clarification is required.

As well as the clarification, perhaps you could upload a small dummy example like shown, but with any working formulas included and any other required results filled in manually, to one of OneDrive, Google Drive, DropBox etc and provide a public shared link here? Having that sample and your further explanation may make things clearer.

Upvote 0
  • what each formula is
I am also confused about the dates. I had assumed that your dates are m/d/y format, please confirm or correct me.
If I am correct about that then 8/3/2023 is a Thursday yet it seems for Bags Packed you have 2382 from the 8/3/2023 section (Thursday?) listed beside Mon.

As well as the clarification, perhaps you could upload a small dummy example like shown, but with any working formulas included and any other required results filled in manually, to one of OneDrive, Google Drive, DropBox etc and provide a public shared link here? Having that sample and your further explanation may make things clearer.

Upvote 0
  • what each formula is

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
ok that link for drop box actually worked the others did not. sorry for the extra posts. Basically, i need to return the yellow highlighted data for 1st 2nd and 3rd shift extruded bags packed and then the mixing tons for all three shifts hightlightd in light blue. all based on the date.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LSchleppi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back