row 5,Column A 33.0% Column B $223,050 Column C $398,350
row 6,Column A 35.0% Column B $398,350 Column C $450,000
row 7,Column A 39.6% Column B $450,000

I also have a spreadsheet "Payroll"

Column A Column B Column C
Gross Pay Tax Status Federal Income Percent
row 1 $15,000 1 should be 10.0%
row 2 $50,000 1 should be 15.0%

the formula I need is find the column A1 under gross Pay, with column B1 under Tax Status find the percentage from "Federal Tax Rates" and place it in C1 of "Payroll"

There will be four different tables in the "Federal Tax Rates" spreadsheet I can place the numbers 1,2,3, or 4 in (column b Tax Status) of the Payroll spreadsheet

Hope this is understandable.
Thanks for any help.

Glad to hear that. I was trying to build it for future tables (1,2,3, and 4). When you add that data, you can use the full formula.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Ben
This formula works perfect with the ({1,2}

=LOOKUP(Payroll!M5,CHOOSE({1,2},INDEX(('Federal Tax Rates'!$C$15:$C$21,'Federal Tax Rates'!$D$15:$D$21,'Federal Tax Rates'!$G$15:$G$21,'Federal Tax Rates'!$H$15:$H$21),,,Payroll!S5),'Federal Tax Rates'!$B$15:$B$21))

When I add this formula the result is #VALUE

=LOOKUP(Payroll!M5,CHOOSE({1,2,3,4},INDEX(('Federal Tax Rates'!$C$15:$C$21,'Federal Tax Rates'!$D$15:$D$21,'Federal Tax Rates'!$G$15:$G$21,'Federal Tax Rates'!$H$15:$H$21,'Federal Tax Rates'!$K$15:$K$21,'Federal Tax Rates'!$L$15:$L$21,'Federal Tax Rates'!$O$15:$O$21,'Federal Tax Rates'!$P$15:$P$21),,,Payroll!S5),'Federal Tax Rates'!$B$15:$B$21))

The 4 tables is in this formula can you tell where I am going wrong?

Upvote 0
Can you explain in words what you are trying to do? From the way you rearranged the formula, it appears to be looking up 8 tables. Also, the Choose function shouldn't be changed. Only the Index piece impacts how many tables will be referenced.

To add more tables, simply add more ranges to the Index function. Which columns contain the 4 tables?

Upvote 0
I cant get it look right for when I submit it. and I am not good enough at writing to explain what I want. what I am trying is to make my own personal tax sheet in a workbook to keep track of my truck expenses.
Thanks anyway
Bill

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can't make heads or tails of that. Try surrounding the cells with borders, and then copying/pasting.

Upvote 0
Bill,

I think we're pretty close. If you can just describe which columns have the 4 tables, I believe I can make the necessary modifications.

Upvote 0
So I get a better picture, what are the first two rows of data in columns F, G, and H (row 15 and row 16?

Upvote 0
Helloo

i have some excel data like from b3 to b35 different dates with different month and year. And from g3 to g 35 different amount. What i need is "only" last month's expense in next worksheet. Plz help me....

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralemanygarcia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back