Hidden rows reappear when opening the file.

getravelman

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Numerous times, I've attempted to hide several rows in my file by performing the following steps ... highlight the appropriate rows, right-click one of the rows, select Hide, then save the file. Unfortunately, the next time I open the file, the hidden rows are once again displayed (unhidden). Is there a way to permanently hide the rows?

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
The file is likely to contain a macro that shows the rows. What extension does the file have ?

Upvote 0
Oh, so there must be something wrong with your Excel installation unless you've activated some sort of add-in that resets the hidden rows. Sorry, but can't be of any other help in this case.

Upvote 0
Oh, so there must be something wrong with your Excel installation unless you've activated some sort of add-in that resets the hidden rows. Sorry, but can't be of any other help in this case.
This file was created back in 2014, so anything could have happened to the file since then. Anyway, thanks for trying. Greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
First, if you haven't already done so, try quitting Excel altogether so that you don't have any workbooks open. Then try re-opening your workbook to see if the same thing happens. If so,
as @rollis13 has already suggested, disable any and all add-ins, and again see if you still have that issue. If so, here are a couple of other things to try...

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Solution
First, if you haven't already done so, try quitting Excel altogether so that you don't have any workbooks open. Then try re-opening your workbook to see if the same thing happens. If so,
as @rollis13 has already suggested, disable any and all add-ins, and again see if you still have that issue. If so, here are a couple of other things to try...

Hope this helps!
Domenic, thanks for the suggestions. I will give them a try and hopefully, will resolve my issue. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back