Hide Background

cityanangelstx2004

Board Regular
I have a small pop-up form that automatically opens when the database is open. I want to hide the Access bacground when this form is active. If it was just minimized would work for me just fine. I just don't want the user to access the table data, forms and reports behind the scenes. Out of sight, out of mind. Does anyone know how I can accomplish this using either VBA or a macro? Thank you in advance.

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Try creating a .mde. This will hide your Access background and compile the code, allowing it to run a bit faster. It also hides all the forms, queries and reports from the user, preventing them from making any changes.

Upvote 0
Creating an mde is probably a good idea but if you just want to hide the database window just goto Tools>Startup... and uncheck Display Database Window.

Upvote 0
Sounds like a great idea. How would I do this?

Tools/Database Utilities/Make MDE file.

Adjusting the Startup option, as Norie suggests will NOT prevent the user from accessing the forms, tables, queries, reports, as you stated you wanted to do. Any user who knows how to bypass that, can. It only takes pressing one key on the keyboard.

Negative on the MDE is that everytime you make a change to your MDB, you have to remake the MDE.

Upvote 0
Do you want all of Access to be hidden, except for the Pop-up form. You can do that be setting the shortcut that opens your application to be "Minimized". This would be done in the properties of the shortcut, in the "Run:" dropdown box. Of course, within the Access application, you will need to set the pop-up form as the form to be displayed when your application opens, and to be sure it is a pop-up form.
HTH,

Upvote 0
An mde will not automatically hide the database window.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back