Hide / unhide columns

Fire_Chief

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have an excel sheet that I have been working on for a few years and I almost every year add to it. I am self taught in VBA and I always have been able to figure problems out. I have been working on a problem where I hide some columns and then I unhide them. Problem is when I unhide them the screen goes all grey. If I step through the sub it works perfectly but at full speed it always turns the screen grey. I have been trying to fix this for the last 4 days. More hours than I want to admit to. It use to work fine but not now. I really need a pro because in 10 years this one has got me. Could the sheet have become corrupt. PLEASE help.

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Could the sheet have become corrupt.
That is certainly a possibility. Have you checked with a previous back-up copy of your workbook that the code is still working as expected there?

BTW, I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back