Hiding data labels with zero values

nuneatonandy

Hi

I have a stacked column chart with the data source being a pivot table (note the chart is not a pivot chart it s just linked to the data source). I want to show the data label for each stacked column where the value is >0. I only seem to have the option of show all data labels or hide all data lables. I can do them one by one but I have a lot and would be so much quicker if there was a way to do it auomatically.

Help!

THanks
Andy

Yes AlphaFrogs macro worked perfectly.
Your suggestion works fine if you want the data value to show in the stack chart but I don't want the data value (the size of the stacks gives me an idea of the value). What I want is the name of the series in the y axis (i.e. the data label) showing in the stack chart.
I want to use it to monitor effort (days spent working on) made on certain projects.
So at a glance for a given preriod I know Mr A has worked on 4 projects and by looking at Mr As stack I can see what projects he's been working on and by the size of his stacks where he has spent most of his time. them the next stack would be for Mr B and so on.
NunA

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigPaws

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back