Highlight Credit and Debit based on Name

Shelbie

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I have attached a photo of test data that shows what I’m working with. I am needing something that will highlight the row if the credit amounts (column d) match the debit amounts (column c) based off of the employees name. The sheet is about 3,500-4,000 rows long… and we input about 1,000 rows daily of credits.

This document has new data added and filtered daily.

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Here’s the data

Attachments

• image001.png
    image001.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 6
Upvote 0
That can be done pretty easily with Conditional Formatting, but where thinks get problematic is when you get multiple records with the same amounts, i.e.
What if you have 2 records for Donald Duck for 10.00 and 1 record for (10.00)?
Of the two 10.00 amounts, how do you know which one matches the single (10.00), and which one doesn't?

Upvote 0
That can be done pretty easily with Conditional Formatting, but where thinks get problematic is when you get multiple records with the same amounts, i.e.
What if you have 2 records for Donald Duck for 10.00 and 1 record for (10.00)?
Of the two 10.00 amounts, how do you know which one matches the single (10.00), and which one doesn't?
I was going to try Conditional Formatting but yes this is my issue. At that time we would like to highlight the oldest expense but that is not a huge deal either. As long as one of the $10 is selected.

Upvote 0
Yeah, with Conditional Formatting, I think it is an all or nothing approach, unless someone can think up of some other clever way to do it.

Not sure of how else to do it. If it were me, I would probably important into Microsoft Access, and group on employee and amount, and match up on employee, amount, and count.
Doing an unmatched query, you could have everything else fall out.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back