Hitch hiking VBA Projects not wanted

teachman

Hello,

I've been doing a lot of very simple VBA error checking macros in a number of different workbooks. I will sometimes borrow/copy some code from another workbook to my current project. Of course, to copy code from another workbook I have to open it so it shows up in the VBA Editor TOC pane.

The problem is when I no longer need to have the other workbook open I close it but the project remains. Since a lot of my projects have similar long names I can't readily tell which of the projects is my current one at times. So, I not only want to close the 'old' workbook but I want to remove the associated project from the VBA Editor TOC pane.

The only way I found to do that is to exit Excel and re-open it and then open my current workbook. This gets old after a short while.

How can I remove a project from the VBA Editor TOC? Not the personal workbook, other workbooks.

Thanks,

George Teachman

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
That behaviour is normally caused by a faulty COM add-in in my experience (it is not the way Excel usually works).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back