Hockey Stat Sheet Help!

SportsGuy2022

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello! Hoping someone who is an Excel wiz can help with this. Attached a few images.

Here's what I'm looking to do:
I have a reference sheet in Excel that links to external data from the web. This data is sports stats like games played, goals, assists, points. When the sheet updates in real time online, it sorts from top to bottom among the player who has the most points, so depending on results, different players will be moving up and down the rows regularly.

I also have a sheet for each player with their information on it, and I want to link to the specific players statistical data in the reference sheet to display their updated stats on their information sheet.

How do I create a formula with conditions that allows Excel to look at the reference sheet, understand that IF the Name column is a specific player, then to pull the corresponding stats from that row?

For example, if I want to pull player "Vecchione" from the reference sheet and have GP, G, A, PTS, +/-, and PIMS data display on the his individual sheet, what would be my formula? The biggest thing I am struggling with is while Vecchione is row 3 right now of the reference sheet, he might be in row 4 or 7 or 10 when things update.

Hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Excel-1.jpg
    Excel-1.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Excel-2.jpg
    Excel-2.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 24

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
In sheet 2 Cell I20 try this -

Excel Formula:
=VLOOKUP($c$5,Sheet1!C3:E500,3,False)

This should return GP value. remember to correct sheet name for VLOOKUP to work properly.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back